The first step to posting your organization’s volunteer opportunities with Senior Volunteer Services is to register as one of our partners. Currently, we may partner with your agency if it meets the following criteria. By applying to be a partner with us & signing a 3-year Memorandum of Understanding, you agree that your organization:
- Is designated by the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit or faith-based organization; or it is a school, government agency, hospital, hospice, nursing home, or community organization.
- Is located in San Luis Obispo county or northern Santa Barbara County (Santa Maria or Lompoc)
- Does not withhold services based on membership or religious affiliation/participation.
- Does not require religious participation or activity from volunteers.
- Is not a political campaign.
- Does not discriminate against its clients, staff, board, volunteers, or volunteer committees on the basis of a person’s race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
How we help to recruit new senior volunteers
- Connect your Volunteer Opportunity with our 650 RSVP/CCCV enrolled members countywide.
- Advertise your volunteer opportunities in our weekly online e-blast, quarterly newsletter “Volunteer’s Voice” and on our website.
- We recruit active volunteers ages 50+ who wish to use their skills, interests and life experience to serve their communities.
- We recognize your RSVP/CCCV volunteers annually at our May Volunteer Recognition Awards ceremony and brunch.
- We cover your RSVP/CCCV enrolled volunteers who report their monthly hours to us with these FREE BENEFITS:
- $1 Million personal liability
- $25K supplemental personal accident and $500K excess auto liability and property damage.
- Volunteers may request some reimbursement for transportation expenses related to their assignment. This $.14 per mile reimbursement is capped at $15 per month and is paid out quarterly.