RSVP receives major funding from the Corporation for National & Community Service and has been in operation in San Luis Obispo County for over 43 years. This program is funded primarily through a series of Federal, State and local grants supplemented by individual donations. The Federal grant requires a 30% match to their contribution.
RSVP connects volunteers age 55 and over with service opportunities in their communities that match their skills and availability. From serving Veterans to mentoring children, from enhancing the capacity of non-profit organizations to improving and protecting the environment, RSVP volunteers put their unique talents to work to make a difference.
RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to serve their communities. Our RSVP volunteers choose how and where they want to serve—whether on a one-time basis for special events, or a few hours scheduled weekly, our volunteers discuss their scheduling needs with the Volunteer Coordinator of the agency of their choice to determine what works best for them.
RSVP volunteers who report their hours while on RSVP assignments are protected with:
- $1 million personal liability
- $25K supplemental personal accident and
- $500,000 excess auto liability and property damage
- Volunteer in need may request some reimbursement for transportation expenses related to an RSVP assignment, reimbursement can be requested at $.14 per mile capped at $15 per month, paid out quarterly.
- All active, enrolled volunteers are recognized for their volunteer service at a special event held at least once each year in three locations.
- FREE ADVERTISING: for 501C3 non-profit agencies with a current MOU on file.
We are experienced recruiters and currently we publicize the needs of our partner agencies in a variety of ways (value added to partnership with us) and at no cost to those agencies:
· Facebook –daily
· Constant Contact – weekly email blast (more frequently if needed)
· Newsletter – every 4 months